Because of the close relationship to the sinus, many times when a tooth is extracted it will leave a communication between the mouth and the sinus. This was the situation in your case. Therefore it is important to follow these instructions.
- Take prescriptions as directed.
- Refrain from blowing your nose for two weeks.
- Try not to sneeze or cause pressure.
- Do not use a straw or smoke a pipe.
- Eat soft foods for several days-chewing on the opposite side as much as possible.
- Do not rinse the mouth vigorously for several days.
- It is not uncommon to have a slight amount of bleeding from the nose for several days.
- If you have any questions, please call our office.